I practiced the following steps every day to get into a state of flow.
- Form a specific intention for the type of idea, experience, or result you’d like to request.
- Clear your mind by letting go of any pre-existing ideas or mental clutter.
- Wait quietly, usually for a few minutes.
- See if you get a flow of inspired ideas coming through.
- Flow into action on those ideas right away – This step is key.
I followed through on the inspiration as soon as it came up. I feel like I’m not adept at getting into a state of flow but I’m sure that it’s just a matter of practice. It did feel good to not force myself to do a particular piece of work but allow my creative flow to direct me instead. I consider this week a success.
Value for week #15
I’ve chosen openheartedness my value for this week. One definition that I came across online was, the free expression of one’s true feelings and opinions. Another was to be kind, loving, and honest. I’m kinda going for a combination of the two. To be kind and loving while also freely expressing my true feelings and opinions.
I want to find a way to be openhearted at least once every day. At the end of the day, I’ll journal about it. It will be lovely to have a record of how I applied them. I’ve been somewhat in a funk lately which is a combination of being unwell, PMSing, and generally not feeling great about myself in certain areas, so seeing myself being openhearted will help shift my feelings and energy in a more positive direction. Journaling daily will also help reinforce the value and keep it top-of-mind for the next day.