My birthday week was nothing less than a massive roller coaster. And roller coasters are fun, aren’t they? Well, however I interpret it, it’s undeniable that the week was memorable.
Here are a bunch of things I did that were fun:
- Got a tattoo! I’ve shared more about the why behind it here.
- Watched a movie with a friend.
- Got a new haircut. It’d been a year and I desperately needed one!
- Took my mother out for lunch twice. It was wonderful to see her so happy; she barely gets to step out and it was a treat to take her out to some really good vegan restaurants.
- Spent a day at my friend Febin’s. We’ve been friends since we were eight years old and I cherish her friendship. It’s always fun to hang out with her.
- Had calls with close friends.
- Got some lovely gifts from friends and family.
- Recorded a really fun podcast episode with my friend Azmat who had me on as his first guest on his brand new show!
Value for week #12
My friend Ute suggested that I choose intensity as a value and I thought it might be a good fit for this week. I’ve been having an intense time anyway so I thought I could just ride the wave. I am taking on a lot emotionally, mentally, and physically right now. Mostly because I feel like I can and partly because I want to see how it feels to embrace intensity when I know that it’s in my nature to be intense. I don’t think I’d ever describe myself as a carefree person. But I’ve always resisted being called intense. What if I stopped resisting and embraced this aspect of me? I’m curious to see where that’s lead me and what sort of a week I’d have.
Physically, I’ve been unwell with an infection since Friday and am on antibiotics. Not to mention the usual monthly stuff. Emotionally too, there’s been a lot going on. Mentally, I’ve made a list of small-ish projects that I’m feeling the energy for and I’m curious to see how many I can finish up.
I’m genuinely curious how this will go. I have no idea where I’ll end up. Something tells me that I’m going to need a lot of support from life to pull this one off. Keep your fingers crossed for me.